Join The IMBA
Who Are We?
The Illinois Mortgage Bankers Association has been serving the residential and commercial mortgage community for over ninety years. Its diverse membership is comprised of companies whose business interests revolve around residential and commercial mortgage lending, including state and federally chartered banks, mortgage bankers, mortgage brokers, and those providing services to mortgage lenders.
IMBA's mission is to provide information, educational resources and effective advocacy to help its members be profitable, ethical and prepared for future challenges. Although the legislative, technological and competitive aspects of the mortgage industry have changed dramatically since the association was founded, what hasn't changed is IMBA's commitment to promote and safeguard the best interests and welfare of the membership and the public it serves. Membership has its Advantages!Click here to download a membership application
Click here to download an associate member application
Top Reasons to join the Illinois Mortgage Bankers Association:
The Illinois Mortgage Bankers Association unites hundreds of industry professionals at its various breakfast and dinner meetings, annual events such as its Golf Outing, Annual Dinner, Fall Reception, and Networking Nights which provide opportunities to connect with business partners and peers, and establish successful relationships among colleagues with similar interests.
Mortgage Industry Specific Educational Programs
One of the few remaining opportunities to distinguish yourself from the competition is through the expertise, competence and professionalism of your personnel. IMBA offers a multitude of high-quality educational programs to help you and your staff gain that competitive edge. Programs such as:
- FHA Processing & Underwriting Training
- Originating Loans Workshop
- Affordable Housing Leadership Breakfast
- Affordable Homeownership Programs Workshop
- Secondary Marketing Series on Market Conditions
- Annual Regulatory Compliance/Legal Issues Conference
- Annual Mortgage Fraud/Risk Management Conference
- SAFE ACT Compliance Training for Loan Originators
- Underwriting and Loan Quality Workshops
- Economic Updates with Keynote Speakers from Wall Street and the Financial Services Sector and much, much more!
Opportunities for Commercial/Income Property Lenders
Membership in IMBA offers you an opportunity to network with others involved in commercial real estate finance...
- through its Market Updates, specifically designed to provide commercial lender members with information on current market conditions. This networking forum gives you a pulse on the kinds of loans being financed in today's lending environment.
- breakfast meetings featuring industry experts and leaders addressing topics affecting commercial lending.
IMBA's Membership Directory is a valuable resource that keeps members informed of those involved in the mortgage lending industry. Through its e-newsletters, IMBA is a source for up-to-date information, providing ongoing communication on association activities and on issues affecting all aspects of the mortgage business. Membership has its advantages!
Committee Participation/Leadership Development
IMBA’s diverse committee structure is a dynamic forum that guides the association’s direction and agenda. By joining one of IMBA’s committees, you’ll help set objectives, plan and execute programs and activities tailored to mortgage professional. Participating as an IMBA volunteer is a rewarding and enjoyable experience, and member volunteers help the Association deliver on its commitment of providing the best available programs, resources and representation through advocacy, education and communication.
Opportunities for Associate Members
If your company provides services and/or products to the mortgage lending industry, join IMBA as an Associate Member. Membership offers you a myriad of networking opportunities to present your company's message to the people who need and use your services. Membership has its advantages!